NextGate Reports Third-Quarter Growth in U.S. and International Healthcare Markets
NextGate’s market-leading technology and services continue to provide new and existing healthcare customers with the right solutions for optimal data management and information governance
PASADENA, Calif. – October 18, 2016 – NextGate, the leading healthcare technology company for patient and provider identity management, today announced third quarter results of 2016 that show significant growth in multiple business areas including, new customer agreements, expansion of products and services in existing customer environments, product development, and an increase in international clients and partner implementations. NextGate’s decades long expertise in healthcare matching algorithms, system integration, and information governance has resulted in the deployment of nearly 200 million unique patient identifiers and MatchMetrix®, an award winning technology platform that supplies identity management fundamentals for accurate interoperability, enterprise data quality, and effective provider collaboration, all factors that contribute to reduced costs and increased patient safety.
Organizations of all types are reaching out to NextGate for help with interoperability, data quality improvements, and information governance. As the industry settles into a post-EHR implementation phase, organizations are discovering that sharing information between different stakeholders and across disparate application systems entails more than just an integration engine. To make information sharing viable and effective, applications must ensure data are exchanged for the same individual so as not to contaminate or omit content. NextGate’s proven identity management solutions provide the technology and processes to create a single enterprise/universal/common identifier that contains cross-references to all other local identifiers, therefore enabling accurate and confident exchange of information between dissimilar applications, without having to undergo code changes in external systems.
The recently updated MatchMetrix v9.1 interoperability platform is the cornerstone for NextGate’s Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI), Provider & Organization Registry and iDAS products, fueling interoperability and information governance for health information exchanges (HIEs), Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), insurers and hospitals of all sizes.
Q3 customer agreements and implementation highlights:
- Alliance Healthcare – Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- BioReference Laboratories – Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- CDPHP (Capital District Physicians’ Health Plan) – Provider & Organization Registry
- Palmetto Health – Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- Southwest Diagnostic Imaging – Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- Texas Hospital Association – Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Medicine – Provider & Organization Registry
- Greater Rochester RHIO – XDS Registry & Repository
- New customer contracts and product migrations through NextGate’s business partner and reseller program
“Organizations are no longer willing to tolerate the numerous and costly issues that arise from inadequate data sharing,” said Andy Aroditis, CEO and co-founder, NextGate. “Now that so much more data are shared amongst an ever increasing list of participants, end users want to be confident that the information they receive is trustworthy, complete, and comprehensive. We are elated to see renewed and expanded interest in the fundamentals of data exchange as the healthcare industry takes action to ensure their patient and provider data is accurate and usable.”
Through decades of data management experience, NextGate has refined the ability to match, de-duplicate, and link electronic records, either within a single application or between any number of different systems or data silos. NextGate’s registry products are purpose-built for healthcare environments and continue to evolve to simplify and bolster information governance, including:
- Facial Recognition technical capabilities have been added to the NextGate Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI)
- The XDS Registry & Repository product now has access control and consent enforcement support through Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML)
NextGate’s dedication to customer success is well known and praised in the industry. To maintain the highest levels of customer support, NextGate:
- Moved company headquarters to a larger office location
- Delivered “Community Connect”, a Virtual User Group webinar series to provide best practices from NextGate customers and product staff
- Confirmed the in-person User Group, “Make the Connection!”, will be held June 11, 2017 at the Laguna Cliffs Marriott Resort & Spa in California
- Continues to guide customers as they migrate to v9.1 of the MatchMetrix platform
Additionally, the third quarter included activity in other parts of the world, namely:
- Camden CCG in London took their NextGate EMPI into production to support their Camden Integrated Digital Record (CIDR) initiative
- NextGate opened an office in Sydney, Australia, to support Enterprise Master Patient Index and other registry implementations
NextGate helps connect the healthcare ecosystem by accurately identifying and linking patient and provider data from different applications. NextGate’s iDAS (Intelligent Data Aggregation Server) solution leverages the company’s industry-leading identity management technology to organize and relate data from enterprise systems to provide a more complete and accurate view of the total healthcare experience. NextGate’s KLAS Category Leader EMPI technology currently manages nearly 200 million lives and is deployed by the nation’s most successful healthcare systems and health information exchanges. For more information, visit NextGate.com.