NextGate Announces Record Organizational Growth in 2017
Sales growth, strategic new hires and new innovations in cloud computing lead the list of achievements for healthcare’s leading solutions provider in identity management
PASADENA, Calif., December 22, 2017 – NextGate, a global leader in patient and provider identification, announced today that 2017 was a watershed year in terms of organizational growth and the introduction of new innovations serving the healthcare industry. NextGate is dedicated to helping organizations overcome the clinical, operational and financial challenges that result from duplicate records and fragmented health information by providing a complete and an accurate record of care across the enterprise. NextGate operates in four countries and is involved in managing 250 million lives in U.S. and around the globe.
In 2017, NextGate solidified its commitment to focusing on long-term growth and market leadership by expanding its footprint with new partnerships and strategic hires, and broadening its customer base both locally in the United States and abroad in Scotland and Australia.
Key achievements in 2017 included:
- Release of its market-leading Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI) as a cloud-based, managed service offering to help healthcare providers simplify patient ID matching and record management with greater cost efficiency. NextGate’s cloud-enabled EMPI gives organizations the necessary flexibility in today’s rapidly changing healthcare landscape to manage patient data, in a highly secure and compliant IT environment.
- A multi-year contract with NHS National Services Scotland to assign and manage the National Patient Identifiers known as Community Health Index or CHI numbers.
- Partnership renewal with population health solutions provider Orion Health that extends NextGate’s EMPI, Provider, Relationship and XDS Registry products to Orion’s customers in Europe, U.K. and Asia Pacific.
- New partnership agreements with MD EMR Systems, MatrixCare, Enovacom, European Electonique, Velocity and Wipro Limited.
- Significant increase in new contracts including University of Rochester Medical Center, Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, and Radiology and Imaging Specialists.
“This has been an outstanding year for our organization,” said Andy Aroditis, CEO of NextGate. “It is clear that as healthcare reform continues to mature, organizations are looking to support their growing delivery networks with a longitudinal medical record for enhanced care coordination, improved data integrity, and seamless information exchange. Our team’s dedication, passion and expertise were critical to our growth and accomplishments in 2017, and validates our continued commitment to client-driven innovation and success.”
Underpinning NextGate’s mission to deliver innovative and industry-leading identity management solutions to customers around the globe, the company expanded its leadership team with several new hires in 2017:
- The appointment of respected industry sales leader Elaine Dorr, to the position of Vice President of Sales
- The addition of Shahzad Ahmad as NextGate’s first Vice President of Cloud Operations and Delivery
- Employee expansion of its cloud, solutions development, sales and marketing teams to support the growing number of organizations that rely on NextGate for identity management.
“A complete and accurate view of patients and providers hold the key to solving many of the industry challenges ahead, most notably value-based care and population health,” said Aroditis. “In the face of massive healthcare consolidation and change in reimbursement, it’s important that we evolve our product and service offerings to help organizations keep pace. This includes the move to integrated cloud-based solutions that further support healthcare leaders in the digital transformation journey.”
NextGate’s expertise in patient and provider identification connects the healthcare ecosystem to provide a complete and an accurate record of care across the enterprise. We help organizations overcome the clinical, operational and financial challenges that result from duplicate records and fragmented information in healthcare for seamless data exchange, enhanced clinical decision-making, and better care collaboration. NextGate’s market-leading EMPI currently manages 250 million lives and is deployed by the nation’s most successful healthcare systems and health information exchanges. For more information, visit NextGate.com.
# # #
Director of Communications and Media Relations, NextGate
c: 734-233-1483 | o: 734-399-9336